1) How much does it cost? Each overall 12-week program costs $239.88, which breaks down to $19.99 per week, including one live session (available to view at any time after original hosting date) and additional weekly self-paced activities (including worksheets and other goals). We are currently offering our online STEM program for a discounted rate of $14.99 per week. Keep in mind this is a subscription based service. At the end of the 12-week program you will be automatically charged for the next 12 weeks, unless notifying us beforehand.
2) When does it start? Classes are open now! We have had heavy demand across time zones and countries. Because of this, we are uploading content and each student will receive an email invitation to our live classes. We would like for all students to complete the first recorded class prior to the live class. Our live classes will be for providing personalized assistance to include questions, answers and guidance.
3) What happens if I miss a live class? No worries! After each live session, the videos are posted to your course for viewing.
4) What are the class sizes? We cap each program at 15 students per class to maximize student engagement and support. If the specific class fills up, it will still be available to register and the student can view the video afterwards (as opposed to live). If classes start filling up quickly, we will expand our number of classes accordingly.
5) What kinds of topics will be covered? Each program will cover: Coding & Digital Robotics, Digital Storytelling & Stop Motion Animation, 3D Engineering & Design, Augmented Reality, and Science (including self-paced additional outdoor activities and gross-body movement). The Academy utilizes a number of educational tools from our EdTech partners, bringing you a wide variety of lessons.
6) Are there any additional fees or items needed? No! Everything is included in the program - even subscriptions to certain paid apps. The course was designed to utilize items you already have at home, so you do not need any additional tools.
7) What kind of devices do these apps require? All tools we use in the Academy are cross-platform compatible - meaning they are available on iOS and Android devices.
8) My school district's firewall is blocking this website - what do I do? Follow this article from iTeach World (the Academy's host platform) about opening up firewalls in your network.